Some suggestions triggered by stories and/or resources presented on this site. Most are simple and quick. The main difference between wishful thinking and improving the world is positive action! If you’re new at this, start with one small deed, and be grateful about it when you do your gratitude exercise. Even if you’re already doing a lot for the animals we hope you find time to discover more about your character strengths and think about using them in your advocacy.
From anywhere in the world
- To help Proyecto Nala take care of disabled pets, make a donation via PayPal using the email address associated with Proyecto Nala: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Like them on Facebook.
- Support vegan truck owner Mar Malia in her fight to retain her license to operate in Barcelona, sign the petition.
- Sign this petition to stop animal abuse in Greece.
- If you know someone who’s having a hard time with their activism, suggest they call In Defense of Animals’ helpline: (800) 705-0425 or email@example.com. At least, they can watch helpful IDA’s Sustainable Activism Tips.
- Take the free character survey test offered by The VIA Institute. It is available in over 30 languages—by clicking here, you will find a box that lets you switch languages under Register to Get Started.
- Once you’ve taken the survey, start thinking about how you can use your top five character strengths in your advocacy work, and come up with an idea for each one. Share your ideas with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you think people could benefit from them (e.g. How can I use my Zest or Social Intelligence in this context?). We’ll publish the best ideas.If you know someone who’s having trouble becoming or staying vegan, send them Braco’s interview on habits, and suggest they follow his recommendations.
- Look at the types of programs/events that VegFund finances and see if you have it in you to launch one of them, or create yours, and apply for a grant. They fund all projects meeting their criteria, in most countries. Applicants need to have a PayPal account. It’s simpler than you think. Then tell The Positive Animal about it, and we’ll write a short piece on your project once you’ve implemented it.
- If you don’t want to launch a project/event but know someone who does, refer them to VegFund. Then tell The Positive Animal about it, and we’ll write a short piece on your friend’s project once they’ve implemented it.